Saturday, November 6, 2010

I want you to fail

It seems to me that the American people have a great desire to see others fail. Why is that? I've experienced it personally and I'm sure others have too. My frustration currently comes from watching and hearing others say about President Obama, "I want him to fail and I will do my best to see that he does". Do you ever wonder what is behind that notion? What is in it for the person or people who wishes failure on a country or an organization? Actually, they do not only wish it but then do their best to make it happen.

From my personal experience with a few organizations, I have watched as roadblock after roadblock was put up to insure that whatever I was doing would result in failure. Things I said were misconstrued, misinterpreted to the greatest negative message that could be gleaned from the words I said and lies being told. Sound familiar?

I am not by any means comparing myself to the President but I do think I have a unique outlook on how he may feel. Blindsided is one word I'd use for it. Going in with the best of intentions and truly believing that if you do your best then others will follow. Not so true. Others will withhold information, make sure to be as unhelpful as they can even if you show good faith by compromising and spending more time attempting to help them that in the end is worth it.

That does not happen in all in all organizations. For example, the one I work with now answers my email, asks if I need any help with anything and says positive things like good job! And I'm so grateful for that.

So here's why I think people set you up to fail. They are insecure, devious, greedy, self-indulgent,deceitful and have no conscience. They see that you are smarter than they are and can see the whole picture and they don't want to be exposed for what they really are up to. The easier way to accomplish that is to keep the focus on you and wear you down until you're too tired to fight anymore.

I give President Obama a lot of credit. He keeps saying, "Let's find common ground, let's work together and see what we can agree on and not concentrate on what we don't." I, as another eternal optimist hope that this will happen but I fear there are too many hate-mongers in the world now. I'm not suggesting that we give up but that we see them for who they are and what their objective really is. It's to get you to give up, not care, not vote and let them control everything with no interference. Don't be lulled into silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment