Saturday, March 20, 2010

Springtime in Vermont

















It is the first official day of Spring and I am so excited to see green shoots popping up from the ground, the sound of birds singing, geese flying and honking overhead and mostly the warmer days.

I enjoy all the seasons that we have in New England, but I especially enjoy Spring because it is a new beginning for many animals and plants. The maple buckets are being removed as I write this.

Everyone is out raking their yards and picking up debris from over the winter. The lake is still frozen but one strong wind and it will be wide open.

There are people out walking on the road I live on and out riding their bicycles after a long winter 'away' or stuck inside. It seems as if there are only 3 or 4 people I see all winter then all of sudden the count blossoms like a flower. I wonder to myself, "what do they do all winter?"

Welcome home Spring, Welcome home.

No comments:

Post a Comment