Sunday, February 21, 2010

The View from Here

This is the view from my office. It does not look the same everyday, in fact, the day I took that picture was one of the first days in months that the spectacular Green Mountain range could be seen from my office chair.

There are many reasons that it isn't clear from here. One is that it is usually snowing on that side of the lake. You can actually watch the snow move across the lake occasionally. The sunrises are spectacular in the morning if you are up that early. Another reason is the clouds that sit on top of the mountains, blocking the view.

More often than not I don't look, therefore I don't see the magnificent Mt. Mansfield. I often remember how awesome it is when we have guests and they point out how beautiful the view is. It brings me a renewed appreciation of the country side and why I enjoy living here.

When I first moved here I traveled the back roads and took hundreds of pictures that I was seeing with a fresh perspective and wondered how on earth people from here did not see the beauty of Vermont. 10 years later, here I am, looking but not seeing. I believe it's time to hit the back roads with the camera again and look for what I saw 10 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment